~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 263 сообщения ]  1 2 3 4 518 След.
СообщениеДобавлено: 21 дек 2004, 01:53 
leader
leader

The General TLK-Talk Thread is here!!! :drunk
General TLK Diskussions, freetalk, news, greeting and presentations could be held here.
All to make it as smooth as possible and reduce the risk of spam-threads.
Enjoy the thread and get in some massive diskussions now. :roll:

I don't need no one else but you in my life!

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 дек 2004, 01:57 
leader
leader

To get this thread started I add like to say this is a very cosy forum. :)
Very pleasent actually. :cool:
What do you guys think? :?:

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 дек 2004, 02:13 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: львица-кошечка
mrrrr meow! :) Actually i don't know what we'll be talked about. :) Let's talk about Scar? i like this caracter becouse of it's outstanding thoughts ;)
So, he is not modest ;)

мурмур

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 дек 2004, 16:23 
leader
leader

Hi Douglas!
Gaff - what do you mean 'outstanding thoughts'? Let's go kill my brother and his son so that I can be the next King?? I much prefer the sarcastic element to Scar's personality, e.g."Sorry for not leaping for joy, bad back, you know". And he has a lot of hidden thoughts and ideas, which Mufasa clearly lacks.
But you know, recently when watching TLK at uni, I thought of another aspect to all this. Because the TLK lions have human emotions, they are thought to behave as humans would, but Scar killing Mufasa to become the king - this is a normal event in any lion pride. What made this unworthy, low and dispicable was the plotting. Scar did not challenge Mufasa and fight him to the death, he organised a stampede, and threw Mufasa from the gorge wall. Which sort of explains the lionesses' reactions when Scar tells them the truth, I mean in a humanised society, there would be much more anger at the fact that Mufasa was killed by Scar, and emerging bitterness that a life has been taken, etc. But the lions seem to be angry at the fact that Scar lied about the accident in the gorge.
Well, these are all musings, so do ignore me. When Scar tells the Pride about what heppened, we can clearly see Sarabi's pain and the others' mourning. So perhaps the storyboard team are being inconsistent, or I am reading into this far too deeply. Do anybody else's parents ever tell you to do something real, and to stop obsessing about kids' cartoons?

Coffee is good... :coffee

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2004, 00:15 
leader
leader

Цитата:
Hi Douglas!
Gaff - what do you mean 'outstanding thoughts'? Let's go kill my brother and his son so that I can be the next King?? I much prefer the sarcastic element to Scar's personality, e.g."Sorry for not leaping for joy, bad back, you know". And he has a lot of hidden thoughts and ideas, which Mufasa clearly lacks.
But you know, recently when watching TLK at uni, I thought of another aspect to all this. Because the TLK lions have human emotions, they are thought to behave as humans would, but Scar killing Mufasa to become the king - this is a normal event in any lion pride. What made this unworthy, low and dispicable was the plotting. Scar did not challenge Mufasa and fight him to the death, he organised a stampede, and threw Mufasa from the gorge wall. Which sort of explains the lionesses' reactions when Scar tells them the truth, I mean in a humanised society, there would be much more anger at the fact that Mufasa was killed by Scar, and emerging bitterness that a life has been taken, etc. But the lions seem to be angry at the fact that Scar lied about the accident in the gorge.
Well, these are all musings, so do ignore me. When Scar tells the Pride about what heppened, we can clearly see Sarabi's pain and the others' mourning. So perhaps the storyboard team are being inconsistent, or I am reading into this far too deeply.
Very interesting thoughts... but perhaps the humanised society in this lion pride is made so we all could relate to the movie in a human sort of way.
Because I believe that if it was based all on the lions brutal way of living, it wouldn't have been a childrens movie which kinda contradicts the Disney niche.
Цитата:
Do anybody else's parents ever tell you to do something real, and to stop obsessing about kids' cartoons?
Yeah... My parents kinda thinks i'm retarded or something just because I watch TLK all the time. :)
Ya know what's worse... I told a "buddy" of mine that I like TLK and he leaks it to everybody @ my school and makes up these stupid things. :(
But the goodnews is that no one did care... the direct opposite... :)
They agreed with me and said stuff like "It's a really good movie" and "I like it... It's the best cartooned movie i've ever seen." :lol:
And this former "buddy" of mine is the outcast now because everybody knows he's a backstabbing, betraying son of a b*tch. :omgfun

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2004, 00:58 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: львица-кошечка
my mom think i'm a little crazy with movies (tlk and other) but she don't tell me anything to cross. but she allways ask me 'when it will stoped?' and smile and i say 'never!'

мурмур

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2004, 17:03 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
Цитата:
But the lions seem to be angry at the fact that Scar lied about the accident in the gorge.
What episodes or phrases do prove your point? I've always thought the lions were angry with the fact that Scar killed Mufasa, no matter he challenged him or not.
Цитата:
Do anybody else's parents ever tell you to do something real, and to stop obsessing about kids' cartoons?
Well, mine don't know how far this "obsession" has got. :) If they knew... no, it's better for them not to know. ;)

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2004, 20:58 
leader
leader

Цитата:
my mom think i'm a little crazy with movies (tlk and other) but she don't tell me anything to cross. but she allways ask me 'when it will stoped?' and smile and i say 'never!'
I'd like to add this quote to your message.
"- NEVER! I will never surrender into the dark side! NEVER!"

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 дек 2004, 01:53 
leader
leader

2Athari.
I think that the lions are angry at Scar because when Simba admits that he is responsible, they are shocked, obviously, but not angry. And we don't see Sarabi attack Scar or anything when Scar admits he's the killer...It is a weak case, but considering that challenges and deaths occur in real lion prides...anyway, it might have just been a one-off idea. I haven't watched TLK since then.

Oh, speaking of real lion prides, Pride is on on the 27th (Xmas TV...) So I think that despite the comments made elsewhere in the forum I might watch it.

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 дек 2004, 02:43 
leader
leader

Цитата:
2Athari.
I think that the lions are angry at Scar because when Simba admits that he is responsible, they are shocked, obviously, but not angry. And we don't see Sarabi attack Scar or anything when Scar admits he's the killer...It is a weak case, but considering that challenges and deaths occur in real lion prides...anyway, it might have just been a one-off idea. I haven't watched TLK since then.

Oh, speaking of real lion prides, Pride is on on the 27th (Xmas TV...) So I think that despite the comments made elsewhere in the forum I might watch it.
But hey!
Does really the lionesses in real lion prides fight for the throne in the way the lionesses fight for Simba in TLK?
In real prides doesn't the lionesses kinda accept who ever is the prides leader?

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 дек 2004, 15:22 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
Цитата:
I think that the lions are angry at Scar because when Simba admits that he is responsible, they are shocked, obviously, but not angry.
They can't be angry partly because of this shock. But mainly because they don't understand what was the reason for Simba to kill his own father; because they can't believe it. In this regard they behave the way people will do, not lions.
Цитата:
And we don't see Sarabi attack Scar or anything when Scar admits he's the killer...
This is quite logical — what would have happened if she did? Even Simba defeated Scar with diffilculty.

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 дек 2004, 20:17 
leader
leader

If Sarabi did attack Scar, Simba would find it easier to defeat him! :lol:
The lionesses do accept Scar as the leader anyway, so in this way it is like a lion pride. They may not agree with it, but they accept it. In real life prides, males come and go, and the core pride members are the lionesses, who may well spend time without a male leader.
And there is footage of lionesses attacking a male who is about to cull a cub. Go lioness power! :)
I'll have to watch TLK again to see if I can get the thought and arguement straight, with proof. It suddenly came into my head a bit, that's all, the fact that they aren't as angry as they can be...I agree with Athari though, they can't be angry because of the shock.

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 дек 2004, 01:45 
royal advisor
royal advisor

Well, if Sarabi had attacked Scar and helped Simba, the movie would have reduced a lot of its duration, right? Just a theory.

P.S. <To Douglas>
Quoting Douglas : "...son of a b*tch". Please, do not use such words, even censured. I would be grateful.

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 дек 2004, 20:01 
leader
leader

Цитата:
P.S. <To Douglas>
Quoting Douglas : "...son of a b*tch". Please, do not use such words, even censured. I would be grateful.
Affirmative, Sir!

СообщениеДобавлено: 06 янв 2005, 15:09 
leader
leader

I was thinking...
Isn't it kinda abnormal for lions (Mufasa & Serabi, Simba & Nala) to have
just one cub.
Don't lions often get more then one cub @ a time?

Ответить на тему  [ 263 сообщения ]  1 2 3 4 518 След.