~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 44 сообщения ]  Пред. 1 2 3
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 сен 2004, 07:34 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: Lion
True: 320 is rare. Only those with a digital Bose system would find the difference between 320 and 192. ^^

СообщениеДобавлено: 03 окт 2004, 19:16 
royal advisor
royal advisor

2 The Dishwasher:

” I resent you comparing SP to TLKoB, because a) it is not some cheap direct-to-video sequel (but I'll shut up now)” – I’m sorry. I forgot that my comparing anything with SP will be certainly misapprehended like… well, in soft terms it can be called “annihilating criticism”. I don’t intend to compare them. How can be compared musicle and cartoon? But IMHO they both have the same purpose - to get extra money from the brand name. Sure if they wasn’t created the world wouldn’t loose anything.

” b) because it is another angle on the TLK story” – Please give me your explanation. I don’t understand what you mean another angle.

” As the TLK lions have been "humanified" I think that this is an interesting development on the theme.” – I always saw TLK as a reflection of human society. It’s funny. The humans play lions which are really humans under lion’s hides. :)

” As for screaming...well, you do get it in the beginning of CoL in the film...Besides, it's not screaming, it's african chant and traditional folk music. The only part which I dislike is the female Rafiki, but I think that the rest of the show would more than compensate for it.” – It’s a matter of quantity.

” Madness of King Scar...I don't much agree with the idea of poor little Scar having a crappy cubhood. The song's good, though.” – I really dislike it’s text, especially the lines about queen. Pretty dumb.

” Ah, yes, another point, I prefer the film songs in the film, and not in the musical (note the spelling ) because that is how I heard them first, and the theatrical arrangement is in a different key.” – With annoying screaming. :) But CYFTLT has a different problem. The Simba’s and Nala’s lines performed too emotionally not only in CYFTLT – everywhere except Endless Night. It seems the actors try to overstrain their chords. But their sacrifice will be vain The voices are completely unnatural.

2 Athari:

” This topic seems to turn into discussion of codecs, sound cards, speakers and other stuff...” – The topic was begun from it. So it’s a question what is offtopic here. ;)

” And it needn't to! That's TLK from another point of view, which tells the story of the lions, but shows that the story really applies to humans.” – The same question as I have asked The Dishwashers.

” Ah, of course. If you were making it you'd make it the right way. Now, this look familiar... John Burkitt doesn't know what good fanfics and bad ones are, creators of TLKoB don't know how to make musicals... Only the cleverest, the most talented, the brainiest Beltar knows.” – Oh yeah they know their business. Now try to explain why 95%+ don’t like the screaming. And why here are peoples who respected John Burkitt but they don’t respect him anymore after they saw COTPL 2000.

2 Basil:
” You can't tell how it is performed because you haven't seen the acting of performers (actors) yourself” – I judge only songs. I always didn’t like any show with dancing, jumping and etc. humans in animals costumes. And it’s not strange that I was sick when I saw few video clips. Why I think that songs were pretty bad is another story.

Ненавижу СП и все, что с ним связано.

СообщениеДобавлено: 05 окт 2004, 08:11 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
Цитата:
Sure if they wasn’t created the world wouldn’t loose anything.
Surely would. TLKoB is a masterpiece and has fans too, if you're unaware.
Цитата:
Please give me your explanation. I don’t understand what you mean another angle.
Another angle probably implies the fact humans are everywhere. Besides, musical gives more depth into TLK. I mean, just listen to Endless Night and Shadowland — they express the feelings of Nala leaving the Pride Rock to find help and Simba missing his father. Yes, these things are present in TLK, but musical grant much more attention to them. And Madness of King Scar — it describes the life of the pride during Scar's reign, Scar's feelings, Nala's feelings. I don't know why you hate this song.
Цитата:
” As for screaming...well, you do get it in the beginning of CoL in the film...Besides, it's not screaming, it's african chant and traditional folk music. The only part which I dislike is the female Rafiki, but I think that the rest of the show would more than compensate for it.” – It’s a matter of quantity.
No, the point is that you live in Russia, not in Africa. If you were born there, you'd like this music. It's not bad masic, it's just different.
Цитата:
I really dislike it’s text, especially the lines about queen. Pretty dumb.
And what have you found dumb in them?
Цитата:
Oh yeah they know their business. Now try to explain why 95%+ don’t like the screaming. And why here are peoples who respected John Burkitt but they don’t respect him anymore after they saw COTPL 2000.
Most people don't like African chant just because they don't listen to it, IMHO. At first it's rather strange, but if you listen to it you'll like it. Shadowfox thinks the same, at least... As for Chronicles — you know a lot of people who really disregard him after they read the new version? Isn't old version enough to revere John Burkitt? "I respect him if I like the things he writes, and I hate him if he wrote the thing I don't like." Isn't this too narrow-minded?

СообщениеДобавлено: 06 окт 2004, 09:51 
royal advisor
royal advisor

2 Athari:
” Besides, musical gives more depth into TLK. I mean, just listen to Endless Night and Shadowland — they express the feelings of Nala leaving the Pride Rock to find help and Simba missing his father. Yes, these things are present in TLK, but musical grant much more attention to them. And Madness of King Scar — it describes the life of the pride during Scar's reign, Scar's feelings, Nala's feelings. I don't know why you hate this song.” – Even hate? The song express only emotions. How about meaning? How many very important elements were lost? TLK was created not for stage and it’s impossible correctly convert it. The musicales must be created specially for stage.
About MoKS. Excuse me but THIS IS NOT SCAR. This is just some irresponsible character. He must be placed in the mental home! And it’s authors too.

” No, the point is that you live in Russia, not in Africa. If you were born there, you'd like this music. It's not bad masic, it's just different.” – Nonsense! Don’t you think you already don’t understand what I said. :-|

” Most people don't like African chant just because they don't listen to it, IMHO. At first it's rather strange, but if you listen to it you'll like it. Shadowfox thinks the same, at least...” – When I heard “CoL” first time I was shocked with it’s loathsome performance and later all times when WMP started to play it I immediately selected another song. And one day as it was to be expected the album was deleted.
The Question. Why I’ll hear the song which I dislike :?:

” As for Chronicles — you know a lot of people who really disregard him after they read the new version?” – Conduct the referendum. :-/

” old version enough to revere John Burkitt?” – I hate these who take good things and pervert they. I wanted even delete all my files which relate to Chronicles in any event. :-|

” "I respect him if I like the things he writes, and I hate him if he wrote the thing I don't like." Isn't this too narrow-minded?” – I hate these who publish only delirium and crap.

About 128, 192 kbps and CD.
I’ve made the test. As it was to be expected my “mega cool HW decoder” decoded 192 kbps correctly. The difference between 128 and 192 was clear. The disk is really bad encoded, so it seems I was wrong about 192 kbps. It was too hard to find difference between 192 and 320 (it represented Audio-CD) using ripped songs. Why it was bad encoded? I think they hadn’t much time to encode the thousands CDs and they used fast codec (Ripping speeds on my machine were ~18,5x using Fast Lame, HQ Lame~7x, HQ Fraunhofer ~6x).
Fraunhofer codec permanently arouse crashes. :((

Ненавижу СП и все, что с ним связано.

СообщениеДобавлено: 06 окт 2004, 11:12 
royal advisor
royal advisor

2 Beltar You said: But IMHO they both have the same purpose - to get extra money from the brand name Well, you are absolutely right... but don't you think that for getting extra money for the brand name the authors need people to like their productions? There always is a balance - if you want your movie to be bought a lot you must put a lot of money in it... summarized: both the author and the customer are satisfied - isn't that true?

Sure if they wasn’t created the world wouldn’t loose anything. True, but at least now the world won something - a masterpiece (talking about TLK and TLKoB - these two are just created for different kinds of people... there are people who like animation but do not like musicals and the opposite - it is normal that some of you like the first but not the second... In fact I like them both - especially the "wailing" in Circle Of Life - it is a matter of patience and strong will to stand these songs and if you have these two in storage - you might really like the TLKoB like me and Athari...! Do not blame the authors for the "wails" - they know what they do and for whom they are doing it...)

СообщениеДобавлено: 08 окт 2004, 17:49 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
2 Beltar:
Цитата:
The song express only emotions. How about meaning? How many very important elements were lost?
TLKoB is supposed to be watched after watching to TLK, so it doesn't need to describe the whole movie.
Цитата:
TLK was created not for stage and it’s impossible correctly convert it.
And why do you think you're right? What I hear is just "I'm the cleverest" once again.
Цитата:
About MoKS. Excuse me but THIS IS NOT SCAR. This is just some irresponsible character. He must be placed in the mental home! And it’s authors too.
So it's not just "I'm the cleverest"... everybody who doesn't agree with you are crazy into the bargain. This IS Scar, this is one of the possibilities. If you don't think so don't call authors mad, instead explain your opinion. Stop irritating people who like the musical.
Цитата:
” No, the point is that you live in Russia, not in Africa. If you were born there, you'd like this music. It's not bad masic, it's just different.” – Nonsense! Don’t you think you already don’t understand what I said. :-|
And would you please explain this to me? ;)
Цитата:
The Question. Why I’ll hear the song which I dislike
Nobody makes you listen to it. ;)
Цитата:
” As for Chronicles — you know a lot of people who really disregard him after they read the new version?” – Conduct the referendum. :-/
Then there's no such people (except for you)?
Цитата:
” old version enough to revere John Burkitt?” – I hate these who take good things and pervert they. I wanted even delete all my files which relate to Chronicles in any event. :-|
If you like it, enjoy; if you don't like, don't read.
Цитата:
” "I respect him if I like the things he writes, and I hate him if he wrote the thing I don't like." Isn't this too narrow-minded?” – I hate these who publish only delirium and crap.
I don't get it...who do you mean? John?

2 Shadowfox:
Цитата:
summarized: both the author and the customer are satisfied - isn't that true?
That IS true, but I don't think Beltar will agree with you — he doesn't look satisfied. ;) By the way, please don't use so much text in bold. :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 окт 2004, 10:50 
royal sentry
royal sentry

Oh man.... :(

There's supposed to be a Lion King on Broadway in Minneapolis (near my home), and I can't get the money to buy tickets or reservations!

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 окт 2004, 17:59 
leader
leader

How much does it cost to go see TLK? In the UK it's about 40 pounds (~70$) for good seats.
I want to go!!! Perhaps sometime towards Christmas...
>>Yay, London, Winter, Lion King...

Coffee is good... :coffee

СообщениеДобавлено: 20 окт 2004, 08:45 
royal sentry
royal sentry

?40? Sheesh... well, it's good entertainment.

They don't have a list on the prices here, yet.

СообщениеДобавлено: 20 окт 2004, 11:27 
royal advisor
royal advisor

I think 70$ is worth for the show but I am curious what kind of artists are playing TLKoB? Maybe specially trained ones jumping from city to city or just local artists fastly trained before the play? What do you think and in the best case - what do you know???

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 янв 2005, 14:49 
royal sentry
royal sentry

Hopefully I will be able to buy a ticket for the Orpheum Theatre before they sell out. X_X

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2005, 23:01 
royal advisor
royal advisor

You did, didn't you?

СообщениеДобавлено: 23 янв 2005, 07:59 
royal sentry
royal sentry

No, unexpected bills came up that I had to pay... and then $150 flew out of my wallet like flaming garbage.

I still have one last chance, but VIP tix might not be possible this time around.

СообщениеДобавлено: 23 янв 2005, 12:57 
royal advisor
royal advisor

VIP?

Ответить на тему  [ 44 сообщения ]  Пред. 1 2 3